Thursday, March 19, 2009

Another Reason Why

Everyone has their reasons why - the mountains, spiritual journey, the hike, to find oneself, life long goal and many of those reasons are mine as well but I do have one reason most will not - Multiple Sclerosis.

I have someone very close to me that lives with this disease daily and meets those challenges with a brave heart and positive outlook on life. For this reason, I have contacted the national MS Society and offered that they use my journey to raise funds to fight this disease and find a cure in this lifetime. They were overjoyed at this prospect and have created a web page for me so that others can donate directly to the MS Society. I do not ask you, my friends, to go give but if you choose to it will be appreciated. More importantly, I ask, if you know of any businesses or organziations that would be interested in donating that would be fantastic. Please do pass this link and information on to anyone that you know that might know someone else that might be able to help me raise funds for research. Our network could help find the cure for this disease and that would truly make this hike well worth all the preparation and challenges that I will face in the coming months.

If anyone has any fundraising ideas, please let me know if there is anything I can do. I am willing to do whatever it takes to make a difference and help this cause.

The link is: http://main.nationalmssociety.org/goto/Donna.Delisle-Mitchell

Thank you all for listening.

No comments:

Post a Comment