Monday, March 30, 2009

4 days down...




I just heard from Mom. She sounds great, more importantly she sounds happier than I have heard her in a long time. She needs me to send long johns and mud (peanut butter, honey, chocolate chip mixture). The first few days have been rough due to rain and her body getting adjusted to the hike and aside from coffee withdrawal she is getting along fine.




I asked if there was any message she wanted me to pass along to everyone she said to sum it up... "I am having the time of my life and am with my kind of people."

4 comments:

  1. Dona, please be safe and enjoy this very special time in your life. You are an inspiration!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Found out that she is traveling at the same time as a young lady from...Holyoke! Believe it or not! They seem to be at the same pace and there are others as well. So she isn't totally alone at this point. Thank god!! Also, if you click on the map, it will enlarge it so you can see how far she has been.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I spent 6 hours with Donna yesterday as per arranged to take her food. It had not stopped raining since she started and rain for the next several days also. She is doing great and has met so many other hikers. They sort of all watch out for one another. I would guess that at least 40 other people came off the trail while I was there with her. On Sunday she hiked with a young man from Lewiston Maine part of the day. The AT Hikers are one very large family spread out all over the U.S. Even thro the rain she has seen some wonderful sites. I will see her this coming Sunday in N.C. for a brief drop of food and a hug.
    Meme

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh to be young again! Just keep on truckin'

    mf

    ReplyDelete