Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Introduction to Me

I guess I have to introduce myself for those of you who may not know me. Most of you will, but for those who do not my name is Shelly. That's me in the picture (Camden Yards if anyone cares).

I have started this blog for a few reasons, but mainly because my Mom (Donna) is going to through hike the Appalachian Trail (AT). She is leaving in a few weeks and I thought that this would be a great way for all the family and friends who are interested to able to track her progress.


I plan to post every time I hear from her enabling everyone to be updated at the same time. I believe anyone can sign up to be subscribers to the blog and leave her comments as well. She is also an author to the blog, she plans to make posts and read your comments as she is making her way from Georgia to Maine. That's right Georgia to Maine...sounds crazy, but hey that's Mom.
I hope everyone enjoys what is to come...I am scared and nervous about the long trip, but most of all am happy for her as this has been a life long dream, which she deserves more than anyone I know. Hopefully everyone rallies support behind her as we maybe what helps to push her through to the end.
Talk to you all again soon :)


7 comments:

  1. This blog is going to rule my life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Shelly, You and me will have to stay at the bottom of her 450 stairs that have to be done shortly after she starts in Al. I will have something to take us to the top, cause there is not way this ole gal would be able to do 25, never mind 450. LOL Your site is going to help the family feel better about her trip as they will see and hear what she is doing most of the time. While in my area, I will post each time I talk to her etc. Love You lady! Great Job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Shelly, thanks so much for creating this blog! I think it's a great idea. Now all her extended fan club members can follow her adventures!!
    ...Alison

    ReplyDelete
  4. Shelly,

    I too am pleased to be able to follow this blog and Donna's travels. She is doing what she loves most and I fully support her. My only concern is that she wears a red jacket or shirt at all times, it is the only way we will be able to find her from the helicopter view.
    .......Monique

    ReplyDelete
  5. Donna,
    I am proud to say that my sister is taking this trek of a lifetime and her lifetime dream will come true. I tell everyone I am in contact with about you and your trip. And I am thankful that Shelly decided to do the blog so we can follow you on this trip! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Donna,

    I never knew that you enjoyed hiking so much. I wish you all the best as you pursue your lifetime dream. You go girl!! :-)

    Anna May Dion

    ReplyDelete