Sunday, April 12, 2009

Made it to the Smokies today!

Howdy all, wow made it to Fontana Dam today. I can't believe it, I am in the Smokies. Today, Meme treated K Bar, Cloudbuster and I to a day off and some great food - real veggies and fruit. I love it and have eaten way too much but will be working it off tomorrow. 12 miles uphill!
So we have dealt with the cold and some very intense storms thus far. I have a number of pictures to share that can say more than my words so here we go ....



This is Fontana Dam from 3400 feet!












This is what a shelter looks like from the loft after a day of hiking in the rain. Everything is hung to dry by everyone.



I hate to say this but I have seen lots of evenings like this thus far.








The summit of Blood Mountain, highest peak in Georgia. A cold day for sure with lots of ice everywhere.













K-Bar and Nature walking out of Neels Gap, GA on the adventure of a lifetime. Check out K-Bar's website if you have time. She is awesome. http://www.northbound-biney.blogspot.com/












Charlsey, you must come by your modeling skills genetically. I know how to strike a pose too!











A Shelter during the snowstorm, we are trying to get the fire going, finally did and then burned my socks trying to warm my feet.













A snow angel in the making.
More pictures can be found on http://www.flickr.com/. That's all for now folks as I want to visit with my Meme for a few minutes and we leave early tomorrow morning to attempt the first of the Smokies.








































1 comment:

  1. Donna, you are like the AT social butterfly! Unbelievable! Almost as unbelievable as the photos. Thank you for posting them. I am up here cheering you on...Alison

    ReplyDelete